Meal Applications Online Now Available!
School is soon starting and we need every family to submit a meal application ~ one application for the entire family! We made it faster and easier for our Dover Families to apply for free or reduced priced meals. Go to the link below. The website address to direct them is: https://www.paschoolmeals.com
Please note no bus changes will be made August 17-Sept.4th
. Request forms may still be submitted during that time and will be considered after the September date.
DISTRICT CALENDAR NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE
The Dover Area School District Calendar of Activities and Events is now available. Click the link below to download and print a copy of the 2015-2016 Calendar. If you do not have access to a printer, copies may be obtained by contacting a school office or the District's Administration Office. 2015-2016 District Calendar of Activities & Events
Governor Wolf Announces Revision to Background Checks
On June 10, 2015, Governor Wolf announced changes to background checks requirements. Below are highlights of some of the new changes announced by Governor, Tom Wolf on June 10, 2015. The entire press release can be found by clicking here.
Effective July 25, 2015:
- Fees for child abuse clearances and criminal background checks required by the Child Protective Services Law will be waived for volunteers working with children.
- Additionally, the Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) will be reducing the cost of both the child abuse and criminal history record checks from $10 to $8 for all other applicants.
- Beginning July 1, 2015, volunteers are required to obtain background checks, including the Child Abuse History Clearance, issued by the DHS, and the Criminal History Record Check, issued by the PSP.
A comprehensive list of persons required to get clearances is as follows:
- Child care service employees;
- Foster parents and adult household members;
- Prospective adoptive parents and adult household members;
- Individuals 14 year of age or older applying for a paid position as an employee responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children;
- Any individual seeking or provide child-care services under contract with a child-care facility or program;
- School employees governed by public school code and those not governed by the public school code (colleges and universities).
Important Information for All Volunteers and Substitutes
for the Dover Area School District
The PA Legislature has amended the Child Protective Services Law numerous times over the past year. The most recent changes came to us through Act 153 of 2014, which focuses on criminal background checks and impacts everyone employed, substituting or volunteering in a school district, effective immediately.
Act 153 of 2014 Mandated Renewal of
Criminal Background Checks and Clearances
The PA Legislature has amended the Child Protective Services Law numerous times over the past year. The most recent changes came to us through Act 153 of 2014 which focuses on criminal background checks and impacts everyone employed, substituting or volunteering in a school district, effective immediately. Please review each of the links below for the appropriate information.
The Dover Area School District has extended the internal deadline date from August 1, 2015 to October 15, 2015 for those employees hired prior to the year 2012 to complete and submit their required clearances to the Human Resources Department. Please note; it is the obligation of each individual to accept the financial responsibility to obtain and submit all three (3) clearances to the district as required. When employees obtain their new clearances, they should submit them to the attention of Mrs. Heather Thomas – Payroll Coordinator/HR Secretary at the district Administration Building. Please understand, this is a state mandate and as such requirements are placed on the district if documents are not provided by the deadline.